Essay writing is an academic task in high school, college, and even beyond. An essay is an academic paper where the student conducts research and writes the information collected, expressing their opinion about a given concept or topic. Some students find writing such essays complex, but with the right approaches, you will realize essays are easy to write, and you can easily score higher marks by following simple tips. If you have always had issues writing the best English essay, read this article as we will explore practical ideas on how to create an English essay outline as a basis for creating your academic paper.
Practical tips on writing an English essay
Once you have the assignment to write essay in English, consider the following tips before you begin writing to ensure you remain relevant.
1. Create an English essay outline
Consider creating an outline before you start putting down ideas when writing an English essay. This outline is essential because it gives you a clear direction of how your essay will flow. It is simply a rough draft with content highlights of each section of the final essay. Besides giving your final paper a clear direction, an outline will also save your time.
2. Have an inner driving force
When writing an English essay, always remind yourself of your desired goals. Knowing what you aim at when you finish your course is enough motivation to keep the maximum focus on improving your English essay every day.
3. Know different English essay topics
One important aspect of essay writing is topic selection. The topic you choose will determine how effective your research will be. Also, the tutor expects you to come up with a unique topic that is interesting to read and make discoveries. So, before you settle on any given topic, ensure you filter through several topics before you choose a perfect one. Below are examples of English essay topics you can consider:
- What are the Best Lessons you learned During Quarantine Period?
- Self-isolation and mental health.
- The worst Embarrassment you have ever experienced.
- Effects of Plagiarism in Academic Writing.
- Do you think romantic movies damage real relationships?
- The relevance of Fact-checking when presenting a speech.
- The Impact of Video games on Kids.
- The Impact of Homework in Academic Excellence.
- How to Spend Summer Vacation.
- A Fascination Museum Trip.
4. Check an essay in English example
One of the practical tips for improving essay writing skills is reading through practical examples. You can find well-written English essays available online and in school libraries. Get such examples and explore different ideas on how to bring out the best paper.
5. Embrace practice in writing English essay
Make it a habit to motivate yourself to write English essays. DO not always wait for the teacher to give you the go-ahead. You sharpen your overall skills and improve in your weak areas as you practice.
6. Discuss different essay writing topics in English
Exchanging ideas and concepts, especially concerning English essay topics, can be a perfect move to learn incredible tips when selecting an ideal topic.
7. Watch a show on how to write an English essay
Create some time and check on YouTube different content creators specializing in academic writing ideas. You will learn practical tips that pioneer students have implemented and excelled in their essays through such videos.
8. Read articles explaining how to write an essay in English
There are many ways to get different concepts about writing English essays. Apart from watching related content, you can get plenty of articles and read as you explore the tips to apply in different essay sections.
9. Give a native English speaker your essay to proofread
If English isn’t your native language, you might commit minor errors that can cost you good marks. Consider giving a native English speaker your paper to proofread and correct any possible errors before you submit the paper.
10. Join a school club that focuses on learning English essay
As you plan your time, remember to dedicate some of your free time to joining a school group whose aim is to explore ideas on writing English essays.
Although essay writing sounds like a complex task, all a student requires is the materials, the right attitude, and a support system: a teacher, fellow students, or even parents/guardians. Otherwise, the above tips will ensure to produce a well-crafted English essay.